The Castle Courtyard
The Castle Courtyard was restored twenty-five years ago. The two main reception rooms lead off from a central hall:
- The Macartney Room, which is fully furnished, has an open log fire and a fully licensed bar.
- The Dining Room can seat up to 120 people. It also has an open log fire and a dance floor.
- There is a fully fitted catering kitchen and a bride’s room with an en-suite bathroom.
- We have a licence to hold weddings and civil partnerships.
The Castle Barn
The Castle Barn is an adjacent building to the Castle Courtyard.
- This has a much larger reception room seating between 200 to 400 people. It can also be screened off for smaller weddings.
- It has a large dance floor and comfortable seating around an open log fire.
- There is a fully licensed, staffed and well-stocked bar.
- A fully fitted catering kitchen is available.
- The Castle Barn provides excellent acoustics for music.
Weddings that are different are weddings that are remembered. Lissanoure Castle is a private family home. On your day, there will only be you, your guests and the staff.
Lissanoure Castle, is every photographer’s dream as it provides the perfect backdrop for wedding photographs. It is surrounded by lakes, ornamental canals and wooded parkland.
There is plenty of parking for cars and coaches.
A bedroom with an en-suite bathroom is available for the use of the bride during the day of the event.
We are currently looking into doing up additional rooms for overnight stays.
If you are looking for somewhere to stay overnight, we have a good list of local guest-houses, hotels and B&Bs in the area.
All Saints Church, Loughguile
At the main entrance to Lissanoure Castle is the attractive Church of Ireland, All Saints Church, Loughguile. It is a lovely walk (weather permitting) from the church to the Castle.
The church welcomes couples who would like to get married there. To find out more, contact:
The Rev Canon Christopher Easton BA, Dip Theol, ThD